What are All-on-4 Dental Implants?
All-on-4 dental implants are an innovative solution for those who have lost most or all their teeth. The procedure involves placing four dental implants in the jawbone and attaching a complete set of fixed prosthetic teeth to them, creating a stable and natural-looking smile.
At Appledore Dental & Implant Centre in Milton Keynes, we offer All-on-4 dental implants as a permanent solution for those who have experienced tooth loss. Our team of experienced dentists and implantologists is committed to providing our patients with personalized care and a comfortable experience.
The All-on-4 procedure involves the placement of four dental implants strategically positioned in the jawbone. This technique uses the available bone more efficiently and often avoids bone grafting. Once the implants are placed, a complete set of prosthetic teeth are attached, restoring your smile and ability to eat and speak confidently.
Appledore Dental & Implant Centre uses the latest technology and materials to ensure our patients receive the best possible care. We offer a range of sedation options to help ensure your comfort throughout the procedure.
What are All-on-6 Dental Implants?
All-on-6 dental implants are a type of full-arch restoration for patients who have lost most or all their teeth. It involves placing six dental implants in the jawbone to support the complete upper or lower teeth set. The name “All-on-6” refers to using six implants per arch to support a fixed, non-removable bridge of teeth.
The All-on-6 dental implant technique is designed to provide patients with a more comfortable, stable, and functional alternative to traditional dentures. The six implants are strategically placed in areas of the jawbone with sufficient bone density and volume to support the implants.
Overall, All-on-6 dental implants can be a good option for patients who have lost their teeth and are looking for a more permanent and stable solution than traditional dentures.
Same-day Teeth Dental ImplantsSame-day teeth dental implants, also known as immediate load dental implants or same-day teeth, are dental implant procedure that allows a patient to receive a dental implant and a temporary crown or bridge in a single appointment. This means the patient can leave the dental clinic with a new tooth or teeth that are immediately functional.
The traditional dental implant procedure involves placing the implant in the jawbone and allowing it to heal and integrate with the bone over 3-4 months before attaching the abutment and crown or bridge. With same-day dental implants, however, the implant is placed in a way that allows for immediate loading of the temporary crown or bridge.
Advantages of All-on-4 & All-on-6 Dental Implants
- Same-day smile improvement – a temporary teeth restoration is attached to the dental implants within the same day, offering instant smile improvement.
- Permanent missing teeth solution – unlike dentures, the tooth restoration is permanently fixed with an all-on-4 or all-on-6 implant treatment.
- Prevention of bone deterioration – tooth loss can lead to bone loss if the problem is not addressed early enough. All-on-4 or All-on-6 implants replace the function of lost tooth roots, providing continuous stimulation to the jawbone to protect it from deteriorating after teeth extraction.
- Improves comfort – teeth replacement for the entire jaw is secured in place, so it will not rub painfully against the gums the way removable dentures tend to do.
- Restores healthy function – the treatment feels and works like natural teeth, making it easier to speak, bite, and comfortably chew on food.
Benefits of Same-Day Dental Implants
- Fast results – as the name implies, the treatment provides same-day results as it improves the function and appearance of the smile within one dental appointment. The dental implant surgery and the immediate loading of temporary teeth are finished on the same day, so there is no toothless stage while waiting for the implants to heal.
- Immediately improved appearance – same-day dental implants significantly improve a smile’s aesthetics. The treatment solves the problem of unsightly spaces caused by a few missing teeth and completes tooth loss in a given arch.
- Quickly restored function – the treatment significantly improves teeth function, making it easier to speak and chew on food, usually right after the procedure is finished in one day.
- Permanent missing teeth solution – this dental implant treatment solves missing teeth problems permanently. With the permanent teeth restoration loaded after the healing period, the smile looks healthy. It functions appropriately again – without the issues associated with removable teeth replacements (such as dentures).
If you are interested in dental implant treatment, contact us today to schedule a FREE consultation. Our team will work with you to determine if this treatment is right for you and create a customised treatment plan to meet your needs.
It’s important to note that each case and treatment approach to All on 4 / All on 6 / Teeth in a Day is unique. If you have any queries, you can book your consultation with our specialist oral surgeon.