Meet The Team
Dr Teresa Day BDS LDSRCS
Dr Teresa graduated from Guys Dental Hospital in 1980.
Dr Teresa is a member of –
- The British Dental Association – BDA (1980)
- The Association of Dental Implantologists – ADI (1990) – one of the earliest members
- The International Team for Implantologists – ITI (2007)
- The British Society of Periodontology (2004)
- The Clinical Foundation of Orthopaedics and Orthodontics (1982)
- Fellow of the International Congress of Oral Implantologists – ICOI(1998)
- Founder member of the Functional Orthodontics Support Group –FOSG (2005)
Dr Teresa has been one of the UK’s leading cosmetic dentists for over 20 years and has a national and international reputation for creating beautiful smiles. As a nervous patient herself she insists that all her patients receive gentle treatment and in doing so has built a loyal following at both clinics.
Her particular areas of expertise are replacing teeth with dental implants, and straightening teeth without extractions. Dr Teresa also mentors young dentists and teaches dental nurses. She is an Invisalign Platinum Accredited Dentist.
She is married with no children but has both cats and chickens. Her hobbies are dentistry, walking and skiing.
Yvonne Poole: Finance & Marketing Director
Yvonne makes sure we don’t spend too much money! She is married with two adult children and three grandsons. She lives in Milton Keynes and is Dr Teresa’s sister. She works from a home office as IT now allows this to happen easily and meant we freed up space at the clinic to allow more room for your care.
She now works from a home office as IT now allows this to happen easily and meant we freed up space at both clinics to allow more room for your care.
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org if you need to discuss Appledore accounts / advertising / your Appledore Smile Success Story.
Dr Pyry: Dentist
Dr Pyry joined the Appledore team in November 2014. He graduated from Helsinki in 1997 and has been working in the UK for the last 15 years. He has attended numerous courses in order to keep up to date with the latest clinical developments and new treatments.
Dr Pyry enjoys all aspects of general dentistry, but most of all cosmetic treatment. He aims to treat all patients in a calm and confident manner, especially nervous and first time patients.
In his spare time, Dr Pyry loves to play piano, squash, going to the gym, cooking and travelling.
Dr Pyry is a member of The British Dental Association (BDA)
Dr Pyry offers the following :-
- Gentle & pain free dentistry
- Aesthetic & cosmetic dentistry
- Family & children’s dentistry
- Preventive & periodontal dentistry
- General dentistry
- Oral cancer screening
- Sensitive teeth treatment
Dr Pratik Shah
Dr Pratik has limited his practice to endodontics and provides this service at The Royal London Dental Hospital as a Speciality Dentist in Endodontics and also at Appledore.
Dr Pratik graduated from University of Sheffield in 2005 and joined Appledore in November 2016. He looks forward to providing you with exceptional care at Appledore and will put you at ease when root canal therapy is needed.
He performs all endodontic treatments under an operating microscope or high magnification loupes and utilise a wide variety of endodontic armamentarium.
Dr Pratik performs all endodontic treatments under an operating microscope or high magnification loupes and utilise a wide variety of endodontic armamentarium. He endeavours to keep treatments in line with the latest techniques and treatment options by attending professional and scientific meetings regularly.
Dr Pratik is married to Dr Jaina who also works at Appledore 🙂
He is committed to his professional advancement and was awarded a Masters degree in Endodontic Practice from Queen Mary University of London in 2016. Dr Pratik is limiting his practice to endodontics and is providing this service at The Royal London Dental Hospital as a Specialty Dentist in Endodontics and also at Appledore.
In 2009 he was awarded a diploma of Membership of the Joint Dental Faculties (MJDF) and became a member of the Royal College of Surgeons (England).
Dr Martin Whelan
Dr Martin joined Appledore in 2018 offering Appledore patients implant, endodontic and facial aesthetic treatments.
Dr Martin is very passionate about all the work he undertakes and is dedicated to providing an outstanding level of dental care.
He has extensive knowledge in implantology and is a leading facial cosmetic consultant with 15 years’ experience in facial aesthetics, working in clinics in Wimpole Street performing cosmetic work to high end clientele. Dr Martin has been an accredited trainer by NHS East of England Multi-Professional Deanery for the past 5 years.
He has served for the last 4 years on the local Dental Council and has recently been selected to serve on the British Dental Association.
He also owns his own dental clinic in Potters Bar. He trains new Vocational Dentists in the importance of working in practice from university. Guiding them in the importance of correct treatment planning.
Martin has an amazing relationship with all his patients and staff who highly respect him.
Ellison Le Tissier Stewart: Therapist
Ellison lives in Milton Keynes with her partner Vaughan. She has two independent grown up children.
She is learning to sail and is currently studying for Day Skipper. She also enjoys photography and travelling.
Lisa Webster: Reception Team Leader
Lisa lives in Milton Keynes with her three boys. She enjoys spending time with her family and keeping fit by long distance running.
Chrissy O’Donoghue: Smile Advisor
Chrissy lives in MK, likes socialising, going to the cinema, shopping, reading, exercising and walking.
Most of all she likes to spend time with her granddaughter.
Julie Beales senior dental nurse
Nancy Tsami: Head Dental Nurse
Nancy is originally from Greece and has been in Milton Keynes since May 2013, she joined Appledore as a trainee dental nurse and then became our Head Nurse in 2016.
Nancy enjoys reading, walking and travelling.
Carolyn Claypole: Electrolysis Specialist & Lecturer
- Fully qualified and licensed electrolysist with a wealth of knowledge and experience in the services offered
- Qualifying over 23 years ago
- Since 2002 Carolyn is the Sterex Electrolysis International Limited National Head Trainer delivering training throughout the UK and overseas
- Member of the British Institute & Association of Electrolysis – ‘Carolyn’s knowledge in the written theory and oral exam was excellent. The assessors would like to compliment Carolyn on her excellent work and think she is a credit to her profession. They look forward to welcoming her into the B.I.A.E.’
- Electrolysis Lecturer – Peterborough Regional College (2007-2013), Cambridgeshire and at Stamford College, Lincolnshire (2001)
- Carolyn believes that continued professional development is of a high importance to her business and keeps up to date with the latest techniques in all of the treatments that she offers by attending annual specialist training courses and exhibitions
Carolyn is based at a registered/licensed clinic in Stamford, offering all of the above treatments. All treatments are private, personal, effective, and reasonably priced in a clinical environment. Successfully and safely treating clients with electrolysis is a skill which requires nurturing, diligence and dedication. Carolyn’s specialist interest is electrolysis.
‘It is my belief that my customers’ needs are of the utmost importance and I am committed to meeting those needs. As a result, a high percentage of my client base is from repeat clients and referrals. I would welcome the opportunity to earn your trust and deliver you the best service in the industry.’
“How to Remove Skin Tags”