How does Invisalign work?
How does Invisalign work and who is it suitable for?
How does Invisalign work?
Invisalign treatment, available at Appledore Dental Clinic in Milton Keynes, consists of a series of nearly invisible, removable aligners that are custom made just for you.
So, unlike traditional braces that use a metal wire to push or pull teeth into the most optimal alignment, Invisalign uses a series of plastic aligners to push the teeth into a better position.
Invisalign can be used to correct most issues, from a few crooked or protruding teeth to more serious conditions including malocclusion, overbite or underbite. Our Appledore team in Milton Keynes are experienced in Invisalign treatment and are happy to offer you a free consultation to see how this tooth straightening treatment can work for you. Find out more about our free Invisalign consultations and current offers here.
The Invisalign 3D technology allows our team at Appledore to create a step by step plan for your treatment so you will know what to expect every step of the way. We will take x-rays and impressions of your teeth to create a 3-D image of your teeth and then uses this to map the exact movement of teeth needed to straighten them out.
Once the plan is in place, your first set of aligners will be custom fit to your mouth. And then you will receive a new set every couple of weeks until the end of your treatment.
The aligners system itself provides a number of benefits, including the ability to take them out to brush teeth, eat, and to clean the trays themselves. They are also virtually invisible (hence the name), which can eliminate the self-consciousness a person wearing metal braces might feel about smiling or speaking. This is especially true of Invisalign teen systems, as teenagers often struggle with the hassle of wearing braces. Removing your braces just isn’t possible with traditional treatments, and the braces themselves can make it more difficult for the wearer to clean his teeth.
Each aligner is worn for about 10 -14 days before being replaced by the next aligner in the series. As you replace each aligner, your teeth will move – little by little, week by week, until they have straightened to their projected final position.
Comfortable, removable and nearly invisible, creating your brand new smile is easier and more convenient than ever before.
Is Invisalign a new way to straighten teeth?
Invisalign uses Align Technology’s 3D computer technology and mass-customisation to create a unique 3D treatment plan.
This unique ClinCheck allows you to see what your teeth might look like during and after your treatment.
ClinCheck shows the series of movements your teeth are projected to go through over the course of the treatment. This enables you to see what your teeth are expected to look like when your treatment is finished and monitor changes as you go.
What are the benefits of Invisalign?
- Invisalign aligners are nearly invisible and so has the benefit of fitting in with any lifestyle.
- You will have less discomfort with Invisalign than with traditional metal braces. If the teeth are being pushed and pulled less, they will be less sore.
- There are no metal brackets or wires, no need to spend long session in the chair needing adjustments
- Using the ClinCheck software, Invisalign at Appledore allows you to view your virtual 3D treatment plan and results from beginning to end BEFORE the start of your treatment.
- Custom made aligners are tailored made to match your teeth exactly making the aligners more comfortable and reducing any irritation.
- Improved oral and periodontal health as your dental hygiene can be maintained during treatment, as you remove your Invisalign aligners to eat, drink and clean your teeth
- Suitable for ages 11+ and yes, it’s even suitable for mature adults
We are proud that over 700 of our patients have been successfully treated with Invisalign at our Appledore practice in Milton Keynes.